Scrambled Eggs Southwestern Style. Pour egg mixture over it without stirring. As mixture begins to set, lift edges gently and allow uncooked eggs to run to the bottom. Stir egg mixture completely ("scramble") and add the shredded cheese.
Make a southern-style breakfast of grits covered with scrambled eggs. "Grits with scrambled eggs will stick to your ribs!". See Tips for some delicious and amusing variations. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. You can cook Scrambled Eggs Southwestern Style using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scrambled Eggs Southwestern Style
- Prepare 1 of left over baked potato.
- Prepare 1 of left over grilled chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of large tomatoe.
- It’s 10-12 of sliced jalapeños.
- You need 7 of eggs.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 4 slices of cooked bacon.
- You need of Bacon grease or cooking oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream or milk.
- You need of Cheese shredded.
- You need of Sour cream.
- It’s of Favorite Salsa.
Sprinkle with cheese and fresh cilantro. Ultimate Southwest Scrambled Eggs make a fast and filling dinner or brunch, and are a great way to use up leftover ingredients in the kitchen. Scramble eggs make a great last minute, sweep-the-kitchen weekend brunch or dinner. As I was looking through my pantry and fridge taking note of what.
Scrambled Eggs Southwestern Style step by step
- Cook bacon. While bacon is cooking peel baked potato, dice tomato & grilled chicken breast..
- In a large skillet on medium high put in some bacon grease or cooking oil and cook the diced baked potato. Once done add the chicken, tomato,bacon & jalapeños and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl scramble the 7 eggs with the heavy cream or milk..
- Pour into simmering pan of meat, potatoes, tomato & jalapeños and add cheese..
- Cook till eggs are done then place some on a plate with a spoon of sour cream on top and your favorite salsa. Enjoy!.
Cilantro, scallions and salsa to the rescue! Serve with warm corn tortillas and black beans. I used masa harina (ground corn) in the sauce and it added a great texture and southwestern flavor. It was literally like eating scrambled eggs with wonderful Southwest flavors! Two eggs with a dash of milk, a tablespoon of onion (yellow) and a quarter cup of four cheese mix, scrambled.