Amy's gluten free fried chicken. Unfortunately, traditional fried chicken does contain gluten. Not only do they coat the chicken in flour, but the fryers in many restaurants become contaminated because they also fry other gluten foods in the fryer. Well, now our family can get its gluten free fried chicken fix at Proposition Chicken.
This gluten free fried chicken will be a welcome addition to your family traditions! Prepare chicken by removing any pin feathers missed during processing and trimming off any excess skin that could float in the oil during frying. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. You can have Amy's gluten free fried chicken using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Amy's gluten free fried chicken
- It’s 1 family pack of chicken thighs or any style.
- It’s 2 cups of almond meal (not almond flour).
- You need 1 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 cup of Bobs Red Mill all purpose baking flour.
- It’s 1 TBSP of pepper +.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of + season salt or choice of seasonings.
Set wire rack in rimmed baking sheet and line Carefully place half of chicken in pot, skin side down, cover, and fry, stirring occasionally to prevent pieces from sticking together, until deep golden. Super tasty gluten-free fried chicken: crispy and crunchy on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside and loaded with flavor throughout. It was a seemingly simple dinner; fried chicken, buttery smashed potatoes, green beans in brown butter with almonds and to top it all off gluten free Pineapple Upside. I made gluten free dairy free fried chicken.
Amy's gluten free fried chicken instructions
- Rinse and drain chicken well, season lightly with pepper and season salt and stir well. (or seasoning of choice).
- In a separate bowl mix almond meal, corn starch, Bob's flour, pepper, and season salt (or seasoning of choice). Heat oil in a large pot to medium heat..
- Add seasoned chicken to flour mix and coat thoroughly, shake off excess flour, add chicken to hot oil, skin side down..
- Fry, turning about every ten minutes until golden brown. Keep cooked chicken in oven on low heat until you've finished frying, to keep chicken warm. placing chicken in oven also helps for crispness..
- BOB'S flour.
I am pretty sure my husband will stay with me forever now. Yes, I know Southern fried chicken is not the healthiest thing in the world for you, but it has been a year since my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease, and consequently since he has eaten. This gluten-free fried chicken recipe, made without buttermilk but coconut milk instead, has a coating of cornstarch, Old Bay, and chili powder. Because we believe awesome fried chicken is a birthright for all, we bring you this recipe for the crispest, juiciest, best-est ever gluten-free fried chicken. Gluten-free chicken tenders are coated with almond flour, then fried in avocado oil until golden brown and delightfully crispy.