Chocolate Granola. Made with Real Ingredients Food that's both Delicious & Convenient. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, almonds, cocoa powder and sea salt until evenly combined.
We came up with another excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast. Classic oats, nuts, and sweetened coconut get mixed with a cocoa-honey syrup before baking in the oven. Tossing chocolate covered raisins, almonds, and cranberries with the warm granola transforms the humble oat mixture into decadent clusters. You can have Chocolate Granola using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Granola
- It’s 3 cups of old fashioned oats.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of slivered almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup.
The almonds make it a little sophisticated, but we wouldn't complain about a handful of. If you remember (or still eat!) those Chewy chocolate chip granola bars from the grocery store, these are the healthier, whole food ingredient cousin. The bars have a nice chewy texture, very similar to these tart cherry oat bars but with a nice crunch from the chopped nuts and a subtle rather than overpowering sweetness from the dried cherries. This is exactly the chocolate granola recipe I've been looking for.
Chocolate Granola instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, stir everything together until thoroughly combined and the oats are all moistened. Spread the oat mixture onto the baking tray and bake for 25 or so minutes, until it's starting to dry out. Then remove the tray from the oven and let it sit out to crisp up. Once its cooled, transfer it to an airtight container. Store for up to 1 week..
I high recommend doubling the recipe as I made it as stated and it was gone in a day! I just can't say enough how wonderful this recipe is. In a medium pot set over low heat, combine the oil with the butter, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt. A day that starts with homemade chocolate granola for breakfast is bound to be a good one. Full of whole grains, chocolate, cinnamon, and a touch of honey.