Plantain sandwich. Welcome To Island Vibe Cooking where we take the Caribbean cooking to the next level. Let us know what we should cook next in the comment section. Put a twist on the classic steak sandwich by swapping out bread for some crispy plantains!
The knife cuts easily through the steak. The plantain looks like a banana, but it's treated differently in food. Learn how to cook the tropical fruit and why it's used more like a potato in recipes. You can cook Plantain sandwich using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plantain sandwich
- You need of Friend plantain.
- It’s 1 of ripe plantainPlantain.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of s.
- You need of Scramble egg.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare of Carrot.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of f.
- You need of Frenchtoasted bread.
- Prepare 4 slices of Bread.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Liquid milk.
- It’s 2 tbspn of flour.
- It’s 1 of tspn sugar.
- You need 1/2 of tspn vanilla flavor.
Jibaritos are a Puerto Rican tradition where bread is replaced. This Chicken Plantain Sandwich recipe with a peanut butter gravy is finger licking West African street food at Chicken Plantain Sandwich – Sierra Leone Flavours. Jibarito – Plantain Sandwich recipe: In Puerto Rico, "jibaro" is a reference to the islands rural, agrarian population. But, in Chicago a jibarito is a "culinary masterpiece that when done properly first hits your.
Plantain sandwich step by step
- Peel and cut plantain into round shape sprinkle saltand fry it in hot oil and drain excess oil.
- Break egg in a bowl and whisk add diced onion, carrot,pepper salt seasoning and mix well…put pan on fire and adda a tablespoon of oil pour in your egg mixture and keep stirring until scramble and cooked..
- In a separate bowl break egg add sugar milk flour, vanilla flavor and whisk very well put pan on fire and drizzle oil or butter deep in your bread into egg mixture (both sides of bread) place it on the pan and fry both sides until golden brown.
- Cut your bread into two halves add fried plantainlantain to you to one piece of bread cover with another bread add in scramble egg and cover with another bread spread plantain and egg on the third bread and cover it with another bread.
Plantains skillet-sizzled to a golden brown make a tasty substitute for bread in these turkey-Swiss sandwiches. Delicious and tender steak sandwich made with crispy fried plantains as bread. Plantain may refer to: Cooking banana, banana cultivars in the genus Musa whose fruits are generally used in cooking. True plantains, banana cultivars belonging to the Plantain subgroup of the AAB genome group. The Best Plantain Dessert Recipes on Yummly