Texas Caviar. Black-eyed peas and black beans are marinated in a fiery, flavorful mixture. This is great with tortilla chips or bread — and plenty of cold iced tea! I adapted this texas caviar from one in a cookbook I received a long time ago, and now, I can't imagine a get-together at my house without this quick and healthy appetizer.
Texas Caviar and I go way back, back to my elementary school days when summer nights were A quick search of "Texas Caviar" (a.k.a. Cowboy Caviar) on the Interwebs will lead to many a variation. Serve this fresh, zesty corn salad with beans, bell peppers and I've never been one for fancy things, but this is my kind of caviar! You can cook Texas Caviar using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Texas Caviar
- You need of Marinade.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need of veggies.
- You need 1 can of Black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of White shoepeg corn.
- Prepare 1 small of jar pimentos.
- It’s 1 of Green pepper finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Celery finely chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of Purple onion finely chopped.
- You need 6 of Jalapeño finely chopped.
Colorful and zesty, with fresh bell peppers, corn, onions. Healthy Texas Caviar (aka Cowboy Caviar) features black eyed peas and black beans with veggies and avocado tossed in a lime & apple cider vinaigrette. It's an easy to make vegan appetizer. Texas Caviar is a great and so simple party food!
Texas Caviar instructions
- For the marinade mix all ingredients in sauce pan, mixing frequently bring to a boil, remove from burner and let cool..
- Drain and rinse beans well. Drain corn and pimentos. In a large bowl add ALL veggies, pour marinade over veggies, mix well. Refrigerate for 24 hours..
- Drain a spoonful at a time, this can be kept up to 2 months as long as it's in the marinade..
- Serve with scoops (or any type or corn chip). We just started putting a spoonful on top of a salad. So delish!!!!.
- I always make this for parties everyone loves it!!! And I double the batch. People eat it like they've never eaten before!.
Texas Caviar from the Cowgirl Hall of Fame Restaurant. by Kirstin in the Couv. This bright and fresh Texas Caviar recipe is a perfect appetizer for your summer cookouts. Texas Caviar is a salad combination of beans with a tangy dressing that is served with tortilla chips for scooping. It's a fresh and delicious side for barbecues, and is a must-have dish on New Year's Day to. Texas Caviar is a colorful and zesty make-ahead party dip loaded with fresh summer vegetables and hearty Texas Caviar consists of three main elements: Canned black-eyed peas, finely chopped.