Fresh Dough Pizza.
You can have Fresh Dough Pizza using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Dough Pizza
- It’s 2 packets of active dry yeast.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of warm water (100 to 110 degrees F.).
- You need 2 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 6 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for bowl.
Fresh Dough Pizza instructions
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water and stir gently to dissolve. Let the mixture stand until the yeast comes alive and starts to foam, 5 to 10 minutes..
- If you're using a stand mixer, combine the salt and flour to the bowl and pulse a few times to mix. Add the yeast mixture, at the lowest speed, until the flour incorporates. When the dough starts to come together, increase the speed to medium and mix until the dough gathers into a ball. This should take about 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and pulse a few more times. Stop the machine periodically to scrape the dough off the hook..
- If you're making the dough by hand, add the yeast mixture to a large bowl and stir in the salt and the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then begin stirring in the flour. When the mixture becomes too stiff to stir with a spoon, knead in the rest of the flour by hand, adding just enough so that the dough is soft but not too sticky..
- Form the dough into a round and put it into a lightly oiled bowl, turning it over to coat the dough entirely with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let it rise in a warm spot (i.e., over a gas pilot light) until it doubles in size, about 1 hour..