Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury. Flesh is silky smooth with just the right amount of sweetness. Makes the smoothest and most velvety pumpkin pie. Deep orange and slightly netted with sweet, tender flesh.
We stock a wide range of pumpkin seeds. Heirloom Pumpkin Seeds,Winter Luxury, Pie Pumpkin, Organic, non gmo, USA Makes the most velvety pumpkin pie you'll ever eat! It is enormously productive, medium in size being about ten The flesh is very thick, sweet and sugary and deep golden in color. You can cook Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury
- Prepare 1 of Sugar Pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ground Cloves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Ground Allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of Pumpkin Glop.
- You need 1.5 cans (12 oz) of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice.
An excellent keeper for winter use. An heirloom variety. "Winter Luxury Pie is my favorite orange pumpkin, and were she not the finest pie stock in the land, she still would be a knockout.. . . Winter Luxury Pie makes the smoothest and most velvety pumpkin pie I've ever had. When cut into a wedge on a plate, it holds its shape, color, and flavor long.
Pumpkin Pie, Winter Luxury step by step
- Yield: One 9-inch deep dish pie or two 8-inch shallow pies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Wash the exterior of the pumpkin in cool or warm water, no soap..
- Cut the pumpkin in half. A serrated knife and a sawing motion works best – a smooth knife is more likely to slip..
- Scrape the insides. You want to get out that stringy, dangly stuff that coats the inside surface. Note: can save seeds to cook separately..
- Place it cut side down into a covered oven container. Fill container with 3/4" water. Cover the ovenproof container (with a lid), and pop it in a 350 F (165 C) oven. It normally takes about 45 minutes to 90 minutes (it can vary a lot!); just test it periodically by sticking it with a fork to see if it is soft!.
- Scoop out the cooked pumpkin..
- Puree the pumpkin. To get a nice, smooth consistency, I use a Pillsbury hand blender. By blending it, you give the pie a smooth, satiny texture; rather than the rough graininess that is typical of cooked squashes. Note: You may freeze the puree or pie filling to use it later! Just use a freezer bag or other container to exclude as much air as possible. It should last a year or more in a deep freezer..
- Mix in all ingredients. Make the pie crust (I use Pillsbury) It is also time to start preheating the oven. Turn it on and set it to 425 F..
- Bake at 425 F for the first 15 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 F and bake another 45 to 60 minutes, until a clean knife inserted into the center comes out clean..
When cut into a wedge on a plate, it holds its shape, color, & flavor long after the competition has keeled. The great tasting, sweet smooth flesh with a silky texture are ideal for pies or puree. Winter Luxury is not only a attractive ornamental but is also superb for eating. Small, spherical winter luxury pie has a distinctive lacy webbing on its skin, and flesh similar in texture to an acorn squash's, though not as sweet in flavor. The Winter Luxury Heirloom Pie Pumpkin is also one of the best tasting.