Home-made Sloppy Joes.
You can have Home-made Sloppy Joes using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home-made Sloppy Joes
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 4 clove of garlic; minced.
- You need 3 of jalapeños; small dice.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper; small dice.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper; small dice.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion; minced.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes w/ celery, onion, & green pepper.
- Prepare 1 bottle of chili sauce.
- You need 1/2 C of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 C of ketchup.
- You need 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2/3 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of large pinch kosher salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1 T of garlic powder.
- You need 1 T of onion powder.
- You need 1 T of paprika.
Home-made Sloppy Joes instructions
- Heat a large sauce pot. No oil or butter. Ground beef makes it own fat. Add ground beef. Season with dried spices, salt, and pepper..
- Brown ground beef well on one side. Add veggies except garlic. Stir. Finish cooking beef through. Add garlic 30 seconds before beef is finished browning. Stir..
- Add wet ingredients. Stir. Heat thoroughly. Adjust seasoning..
- Variations; Tomato sauce or puree, bbq sauce, beef stock, roasted garlic or bell peppers, celery, bacon, corn, sofrito, shallots, habanero, basil, parsely, cilantro, scallions, cumin, thyme, Italian seasoning, applewood seasoning, dried ranch seasoning, dried onion soup mix, tamarind, soy, cubed cheddar or pepper jack.