Soft Pretzels. Soft pretzels are made with a simple dough nearly identical to sandwich bread, and the only tricky part — a leap of faith — comes when you drop the pretzels in a vat of simmering water before baking. Soft pretzels are so much easier than you think. This recipe will take you little time and effort.
Yes, they require bread flour rather than our standard all-purpose flour (more on that below). Soft pretzels are classic street food fare, but you can easily make them at home. Read on to learn how to make soft pretzels. You can cook Soft Pretzels using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft Pretzels
- It’s of yeast prep.
- It’s 4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of warm water (110' F).
- You need of dough.
- You need 5 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of baking/topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Prepare 4 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of kosher salt (for topping).
SUPERPRETZEL Soft Pretzels are the classic baked snacks that fit any occasion. Whether it's your birthday, Monday, or both, there's no better way to celebrate snack time. Making soft pretzels may seem intimidating, but you don't need the skills of a pastry chef or a bottle of lye to make them. Learn how to make my Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe with my favorite no-knead, no-machine method!
Soft Pretzels instructions
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes..
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center; add the oil and yeast mixture. Mix and form into a dough. If the mixture is dry, add one or two tablespoons of water. Knead the dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230 degrees C). In a large bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water..
- When risen, turn dough out onto a lightly flouredsurface anddivide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape. Once all of the dough is all shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda solution and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt..
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, until browned..
Homemade Soft Pretzels (No Knead, No Machine Recipe). This recipe has a warm, buttery, salty exterior and is delicious by itself, or Just a few simple ingredients is all you need to make Homemade Soft Pretzels. Soft pretzels are always made with yeast dough and are in fact very similar to bagels in both composition and construction. Although there is such a thing as salt-less pretzels, called "baldies," I. There are many styles of soft pretzels, from classic twists to pretzel bites!