Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya.
You can cook Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 75 g of Hickory Smoked Turkey.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 400 g of can plum tomato.
- It’s of Rice and Chicken Stock.
- You need 250 g of long grain rice.
- You need 500 ml of water for the rice.
- It’s 1 pack of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 350 ml of water for the stock.
Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya step by step
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Leave the rice in 500 ml of water to soak up for the time being..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan with a lid and cook 2 chopped chicken breasts for 5-8 mins or until it's golden..
- Remove and set aside. Tip in the 1 diced / sliced onion and cook for 3-4 min or until soft.
- Once the onion is soften, add one thinly sliced red pepper, two crushed garlic cloves, 75g sliced turkey and one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes more..
- Mix the chicken stock cubed with the 350ml of boiling water.
- Stir the chicken back in with the 400g can of tomatoes..
- Drain the water out of the rice and add it to the mix.
- Then add the chicke stock once it's fully dissolved.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!.