Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup. I never dreamt it would be so cold in Florida this time of the year, and all I can think of making is soups with my Instant Pot. Each tasty bowl is plant-based protein rich I must say, it's one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot. The Step By Step instructions for making this Vegan Split Pea Soup are included.
Instant Pot pea soup is perfect for freezing because it contains no starchy pasta or thin flesh. Tips for making Instant Pot split pea soup. The great thing about split peas is that they're packed with plant based protein, so this vegan soup stays filling without the meat! You can have Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- It’s 2 cups of baby carrots.
- You need 8 stalks of celery.
- You need 2 of bay leafs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 lbs of dried green split peas.
- You need 8 cups of water.
Here are a few tips for making it We have been getting a lot of cold rainy days lately, which makes it the perfect time to make soup. And let's just say we have been making a lot of soup! This split pea soup is vegetarian (vegan, even) because I wasn't in the ham mood, but you could certainly add a ham hock or some cubed ham to the pot before you turn it on. To keep the soup rich and give it body without ham, I added a couple dollops of coconut oil.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup instructions
- In true Instant Pot style, chop up all the veggies and put them in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. With regards to the salt and pepper, how much you add really depends on who you are feeding. I tend to go a little lighter because I like the pronounced pea flavor. My wife likes to go heavy as if there was a piece of ham added. No right or wrong here but just try to target your audience..
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, let it naturally cool to open the lid. I prefer to leave it on Keep Warm for an hour or so when I have time in order to let the flavors circulate but that is optional..
- After you open the Instant Pot, use a hand blender to purée the soup..
To mimic the smoky flavor of. This Turkish-inspired Instant Pot split pea soup (or stew) is seriously delicious and filling. Made in a pressure cooker, it's a quick and easy vegan and gluten-free recipe. Reviews for: Photos of Instant Pot® Split Pea Soup. You saved Instant Pot® Split Pea Soup to your Favorites.