Amish white bread. See how to make delicious oven-baked sandwich bread. Arguably the best white bread recipe on the entire planet, and I should know. I've probably tried every last one!
A buttered crust stays moist and soft, meaning that this bread is deliciously chewy from the first bite to the last. This is my favorite home baked bread recipe. I got it from an Amish cookbook years ago and no other bread recipe I have tried beats it. You can have Amish white bread using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amish white bread
- You need 2 cup of warm water (110°F / 45°c).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (also like using olive oil).
- It’s 6 cup of bread flour (can use all purpose flour instead).
This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will When it comes to simple, classic soft and tender bread, this is Amish white bread is my favorite. Perfect for sandwiches, toast, or eating fresh from the oven with butter. It has been a family favorite for years! A fantastic recipe for homemade white bread.
Amish white bread step by step
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam..
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour..
- Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9×5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans. Or you can free style it without loaf pans..
- Bake at 350°F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes..
I know that it's a bit of a contradiction in terms to put the words Amish and KitchenAid together, but this is an Amish bread recipe from a clipping that I. So tasty and not hard at all to make. easy and delicious. nuff said. Here is the Flour we use. Homemade Amish white bread is ideal for sandwiches on day one, then French toast, grilled cheese, or toast the next day. A delicious homemade bread recipe that's an absolute keeper. amish white bread recipes; recipes from around the world from real cooks.