Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Pasta Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Great recipe for Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad. I have seen a lot of different Italian pasta salads, so I decided to try and do one but I couldn't find the one that I wanted to try, so I ended up just buying stuff that I wanted in it.
This Italian Pasta Salad is what everyone needs in their go-to recipe arsenal for quick and easy recipes ideal for a potluck, picnic or any other summer get-togethers. It's healthy, it's fast, super easy to make, delicious and bursting with flavor. I love making pasta salads, especially this Italian Pasta Salad which really is one of my favorite cold pasta salad dishes. You can cook Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad
- You need 1 can of black pitted olives sliced or leave whole.
- You need 3-4 of vine tipe tomatoes sliced into bite size pieces (you can use any kind of tomato).
- It’s 1 packages of mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes or however you like (I buy the round one from Aldi's).
- It’s 1/2-1 block of mozzarella cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 1 packages of sliced pepperoni (cut into fours, I cut them in half and then half again).
- Prepare 1 of large cucumber (cut into fours or whichever size you want).
- It’s 1 box of any kind of pasta noodles.
- You need 1 of medium or small onion, diced (sweet or red, your choice).
- It’s 1 packages of regular ham, honey ham or any other ham cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 bottle of Italian dressing (you can use regular or zesty).
One of my favorite family recipes, is a classic Italian pasta salad Lt. Dan's grandma, Mo, used to make. Every time she served it she would change the recipe just a little bit. Yet her pasta salad always included fusilli pasta, little slivers of hard salami, black olives, tomatoes, and cheese.
Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad instructions
- Boil your pasta noodles until done. Remove from heat, drain and let cool. You don't have to use the entire box. I didn't. I used maybe half or a bit over half..
- While the noodles cool, start prepping the rest of the ingredients..
- Open and drain black olives. Slice them length wise, in half or leave whole. Your choice..
- Rinse off the tomatoes, and slice into bite size or you can use grape tomatoes..
- Rinse, peel and slice your cucumber into bite size pieces..
- Slice up your block of mozzarella cheese into small bite sizes. Slice your soft round mozzarella into thin slices or however you like..
- Take your ham and chop it up into pieces or into long thin lengths. I used deli ham..
- Chop up your onion if using onion..
- For the pepperoni, you can leave them sliced as is or cut up. I cut mine into fours..
- When the noodles are cool, add some of the Italian dressing. Mix. Start adding in everything that you chopped and sliced. Mix well. You don't have to use the entire bottle..
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least an hour. Enjoy ;).
To make this recipe quick and easy, I use a bottled Italian dressing but of course, homemade Italian Dressing is amazing if you have the ingredients on hand. Make ahead… The best thing about this pasta salad recipe is that it gets better as it sits and the flavors blend! First make the Italian salad dressing by combining the olive oil, red wine vinegar and spices. Next, cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water, according to package instructions. When the noodles are done cooking it's important to rinse them with cold water, after draining them.