Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Pizza. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper. My Mom showed me how to make sausage and peppers years ago and while I'm not even Italian I definitely LOVE the food! This is pretty much how my Mom taught me except I don't add the basil or oregano.
Well, one day, I decided to embrace Dustin's beloved pizza. I wasn't going to use mediocre Italian sausage or cheap, thin pepperoni like what usually. Sautéed onion and green bell pepper round out the pizza with another aromatic layer. You can have Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Pizza using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Pizza
- It’s 2-1/2 c of almond meal/flour.
- Prepare 2 c of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1/4 c of ground golden flaxseeds.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 c of EVOO.
- Prepare 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 8 oz of Italian sausage, loose or removed from casing.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced.
- You need 1 of small green or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- It’s 1 c of pizza sauce (3 net carbs per serving).
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
Tonight's crowd-pleasing pizza is classic Italian-American comfort food at its best. To achieve the traditional flavors of Italian sausage, we're cooking ground pork with a blend of spices including fennel seeds. Put the pizza into oven and bake for eight to ten minutes, or until the edges of crust are golden brown and. Coat rolling pin with oil spray and roll the dough out to fit the pizza pan or stone.
Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large bowl, combine almond meal/flour, 1 c cheese, flaxseeds, onion powder and sea salt..
- In small bowl, whisk eggs. Add 1/4 c oil and water. Pour into flour mixture and combine well..
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on paper and flatten to form crust. Bake 20 min..
- In large skillet, heat 1 T oil. Cook sausage until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic and peppers until softened. Remove from heat..
- Remove crust from oven and spread sauce. Top with sausage mixture, 1 c cheese, 3 T oil, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bake 10 min or until cheese melts..
Or use your hands to pat the dough into shape. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle with mozzarella and top with sausage rounds, green and red bell pepper slices and. The popular sausage and peppers sandwich is turned into a pizza – this Sausage and Peppers Pizza is topped with Italian sausage, peppers and onions. How to Make Sausage and Peppers Pizza.