Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese. As a vegetarian, I was tempted to keep the traditional parmesan cheese and milk in this sauce. If you consume dairy products, by all means swap these into the sauce for an awesome vegetarian bolognese sauce. Instead, I tried using nutritional yeast and oat milk.
A dinner dish bursting with flavor and chock-full of vegetables, for one very satisfying meal. Bolognese is typically a hearty and chunky sauce that is filled with meat. It is full of flavor and originates from Italy. You can have Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese
- Prepare 1 of small head of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 lb of mushrooms, I prefer a wild mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of carrots, shredded or whole.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 cans (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Today we are putting our spin on classic Bolognese. We have created a Vegetarian Bolognese. This Vegetarian Bolognese is full of hearty chunky vegetables that give the sauce a comforting flavor and. Make a small open space in the pan to add the tomato paste and make sure it's touching the surface.
Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese instructions
- Rough chop your cauliflower, carrots,onions and mushrooms..
- Add your vegetable mix and garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped (essentially looks like ground beef).
- In a pot heat up about 1/2 cup of oil..
- Add your vegetable mix, herbs and spices and saute until they soften..
- Add your red wine and reduce by 1/2..
- Add your tomatoes and sugar and simmer for about 35/40 mins.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!.
Add the onion, carrot, celery and a pinch of salt. The Bolognese Sauce is awesome Chuck! I had left over sauce and made eggplant parmesan. A new years resolution was to eat more vegetarian and vegan meals, more plant based. I've thrown away half of what i've made.