Baked home fries. Gently place the potatoes into the skillet and fry, carefully flipping the potatoes a few times, until slices are browned around the edges. Home Fries Recipe – A good oven-baked home fries recipe starts with olive oil, is perfectly seasoned, and has a crispy crust. These potatoes are small enough to add to your favorite burrito, wrap, or slather with cheese sauce.
Coarsely chop potatoes and transfer to a nonstick cookie sheet. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, combine the prepared potatoes, bell pepper and onion. Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, then sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, and several twists of freshly ground black pepper over them. You can have Baked home fries using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked home fries
- You need 6 of red bliss potatoes.
- You need 1 of All purpose seasoning.
- You need 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of cheddar cheese ( for extra flavor ).
Rinse potato cubes with cold water, and drain well. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, and stir to coat with butter. The fries were the star of the meal.
Baked home fries step by step
- Heat oven to 400°F ..
- Wash and chop up potatoes to preferred size ..
- Put potatoes in small baking dish ..
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes ..
- Sprinkle your preferred amount of seasoning and put in oven . bake for 25 mins or until tender ..
- If you want cheddar cheese put on potatoes when finished cooking and put back in oven for 2 minutes ..
I liked the crispness of the fries, and I believe it comes from the sugar, so don't omit that ingredient. I never use the fryer in the house, so it will be nice to have homemade baked crispy fries during the cold Indiana winters. The cost largely depends on how much your potatoes cost. In a large bowl, combine oil, paprika, salt and garlic powder. How to Make Your Fries Crispy Again.