Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa. Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan. Cook five more minutes (cheese will melt and begin to brown). This Italian Stuffed Peppers recipe is gluten-free and could easily be made dairy-free by omitting the cheese on top although it does make them extra delicious!
Subbed out the rice for quinoa and added some kale and then topped them off with. Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, kale and pepitas. Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. You can cook Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa
- You need 2 Tbsp of avocado oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- It’s 1/2 of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need of Few dashes of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of favorite tomato sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine or white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh Thyme.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare Packet of ground turkey.
- It’s 4 of peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese for top (mozz recommended).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- You need of Fresh basil for garnish.
Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly moisten and season with salt and pepper. I filled these green peppers with ground turkey, quinoa, red sauce and Italian seasonings. Fill the pepper halves with the turkey-quinoa mixture, then spoon some of the tomato sauce mixture over the peppers; pour the rest on the bottom of the dish. Healthy Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers.
Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa step by step
- Toast dry spices in avocado oil for a few mins. Add onion,garlic, thyme and cook till translucent. Add turkey and cook till no pink shows. Add can tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine and allow to reduce. Add Parmesan and allow to melt..
- Mix quinoa to the turkey mixture..
- Cut peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Put peppers on a sheet pan and fill with turkey quinoa mixture. Top peppers with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until peppers are tender. Top with fresh basil..
Add in the turkey and Italian seasoning, and cook until no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and turkey mixture. If you'd like, top the pepper with some mozzarella cheese. Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Quinoa. Roasted red peppers filled with spiced ground turkey and quinoa.