Taste of Home White Bean Chicken Chili. My sister shared this white bean chicken chili recipe with me. I usually double it and add one extra can of beans, then serve with cheddar biscuits or warmed tortillas. The jalapeno adds just enough heat to notice but not too much for my children.
To create this yummy white chili, I adapted three different recipes. It's mild, so everyone can dig in. Canned white beans and cooked chicken meat are mixed in chicken stock with tomatillos, green chilies, chopped tomatoes, and fresh corn kernels in this lightly seasoned chili. You can have Taste of Home White Bean Chicken Chili using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taste of Home White Bean Chicken Chili
- You need 3/4 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cubed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 oz of can green chiles.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 can of white kidney/cannellini beans.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar.
- It’s 1 of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of fresh cilantro.
Reviews for: Photos of White Bean Chicken Chili. White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com. When we're craving something hearty and healthy, this chicken chili immediately jumps to mind. The white beans make it SO much more satisfying than chicken noodle soup, the green chilis and jalapeño add just the right.
Taste of Home White Bean Chicken Chili instructions
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in skillet on medium heat until brown in oil.
- Stir in onion, garlic, and green chiles, cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in oregano and cumin, cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- In small bowl mash 1 can of beans and 1/2 cup of broth.
- Add into slow cooker with remaining beans and broth. Cook for 3-3 1/2 hours until chicken is tender..
- Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired..
What you'll need to make Chicken Chili with White Beans. This easy chili can be made on the stove, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Leftovers taste even better the next day for lunch! More chili recipes you might enjoy are Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili, Quick Beef Chili and No Bean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili. Flavorful White Chicken Chili made with hearty beans, tender chicken, and a rich and creamy broth.