Italian Stromboli. Zesty, cheesy and perfect for pizza night this Italian Meat Stromboli recipe is an easy and delicious addition to your weeknight routine! We do a lot of pizza round here. Don't forget if you like my recipes to like share and subscribe!
My mother gave me this recipe to try and everyone loves it. It is so simple and quick to make.—Beth Bruhn, Willmar, Minnesota. Italian Stromboli Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can cook Italian Stromboli using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Stromboli
- It’s 1 of pizza dough, homemade or store bought.
- Prepare 1/4 lb. of provolone cheese, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 lb. of Genoa salami, sliced.
- You need 1/4 lb. of pepperoni, sliced.
- You need 3-4 of plum-tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 5 of fresh basil leaves, thinly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small jar sweet peppers, drained & patted dry.
- Prepare 4 oz. of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Prepare Dash of olive oil.
An easy Italian stromboli recipe made with refrigerated pizza dough and Italian cold cuts. Stuffed with provolone, salami, pepperoni and ham and baked to perfection, this makes an easy party appetizer or. Italian Food in Stromboli, Aeolian Islands. Stromboli is a savory type of turnover that is filled with meats, cheeses or vegetables and wrapped in an Italian bread dough and baked.
Italian Stromboli step by step
- Allow pizza dough to come to room temp. Preheat oven to 400˚..
- Lightly dust dough ball, rolling pin, and surface with flour. Push your palm hard into the dough, turn it over, and repeat a few times. Roll out the dough to a pizza size circle..
- Transfer to a flour dusted pizza peel if going into an oven on a pizza stone. Or, transfer to a baking tray..
- Layer the provolone cheese, salami and pepperoni slices on one side of the dough..
- Next, layer the tomato slices, basil, sweet peppers, and any other toppings. Top all of this with the mozzarella cheese..
- Fold over the dough to cover all ingredients. Roll the edges up and press to seal. Lightly knead the edges with your thumb. Brush olive oil on top..
- Place into the heated oven and bake for 13-14 minutes. Check on it a few times near the end for a golden brown color..
- Allow it to cool a bit for the juices and cheese to congeal before slicing. [For two small individual ones, cut dough ball in half, roll them out, fill, wrap, and then bake].
Here are a few steps on how to make an Italian Stromboli. Italian Stromboli is a delicious hot sandwich loaded with pizza sauce, spinach, cured Italian meats, and melted mozzarella. Homemade pizza dough wraps around all the fillings to create a. This Italian Stromboli recipe makes a delicious pizza stromboli using your choice of toppings. An Italian stromboli filled with salami, spicy banana peppers, and provolone cheese.