Vegan vetkoek and savory mince. Vegan vetkoek and savory mince First time making vetkoek. See great recipes for Vetkoek, Ikhekhe elinamafutha – Fatcake – Vetkoek too! VETKOEK WITH NATURALLY TASTY SAVOURY MINCE Wonderful traditional comfort food the whole family will enjoy: flavour-packed savoury mince with golden vetkoek!
I love to serve them with a mince curry, made with lots of juicy sauce that soaks into the vetkoek, and drips out down your chin as you bite into the spicy goodness. Slice open and smear with butter, jam or mince filling (many people actually would use all three). Mince filling: Fry onions in oil until light brown. You can have Vegan vetkoek and savory mince using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan vetkoek and savory mince
- You need of Vetkoek:.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry quick rise yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2-1/2 cups of warm water.
- It’s of Mince:.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of handfulls chopped mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/3 box of soy savory mince.
- It’s as needed of Water.
Delicious flaky vegetable pasties with vegan mince filling – these savoury hand pies can be enjoyed for any occasion. They are convenient to carry around for a vegan packed lunch, for picnics or when travelling. We adore them savoury, oozing with a spicy filling, dripping around our hands. The traditional These classic vetkoek are served with a fresh green salad (because: balance), but we fully support stuffing them with the likes of beef mince curry.
Vegan vetkoek and savory mince step by step
- Mix dry vetkoek ingredients and then add water.
- Need for 5mins and then cover with a moist tea towel to rise for an hour.
- While dough is rising make filling.
- Fry onion, mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add soya powder and water till desired consistency is achieved.
- Leave to simmer for a bit till tomatoes break down.
- Then knead dough and divide into size balls of choice…a bit flat and plump.
- Leave to rise for 15mins.
- Once thats done fry in oil on a low-med setting.
Savoury mince recipes are meals one can take at any time of the day. These recipes with mince are very flexible, and can easily add up as a snack, breakfast, or a dinner dish depending on what you combine it with. You will realize that several recipes incorporate mince, and they often resemble savory mince. Vetkoek is about as Afrikaans South African as food gets. There's no end to options for fillings, but our favourites include jam, mince or cheese.