Blood orange cake – with a vegan option. Option given for vegan kale blood orange cake. This Blood Orange Kale Cake is naturally green! The flavour of the kale fades away beneath the zesty orange in the sponge, leaving behind some green goodness, and it's topped with a pale pink citrus buttercream.
This gives the cake a slight greenish color Report a problem with an order. We take intellectual property concerns very seriously, but many of these problems can be resolved directly by. We end up with a bottle of orange juice or a orange something mix juice every now and then. You can cook Blood orange cake – with a vegan option using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blood orange cake – with a vegan option
- You need 2 of blood or regular oranges, whole.
- You need 3 of eggs – or the vegan alternative: 1 flaxseed ‘egg’ (1tbsp ground flaxseed and 2 1/2 tbsp water mixed and settled for at least 10mins) + 2 tbsp apple sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of runny honey – replace with maple syrup if vegan.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cups of ground almonds.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of For a quick syrup.
- Prepare of Juice and zest of 1 orange.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of runny honey – replace with maple syrup if vegan.
- It’s Splash of or two of water.
Hubbs gets some, drinks it a few times and forgets about it. The best vegan orange cake with heaps of orange flavor and a gorgeous color. Light and fluffy and super easy with a gorgeous orange buttercream frosting. How to Store Vegan Orange Cake.
Blood orange cake – with a vegan option step by step
- In a pan of water, boil the two oranges whole for 1 hour. Cool..
- Preheat oven to 160C..
- Once the oranges are cool, blitz in a food processor/ blender til smooth-ish. I like some texture..
- Mix the oranges, honey, eggs and vanilla..
- Add the ground almonds and baking powder. Mix well..
- Put the mix into a lined 20cm baking tin. Bake for 40-45 mins. Let the cake cool in the tin for at least 15 mins..
- The cake is beautiful on its own 😍 But if you want to make a syrup, gently simmer the syrup ingredients in a pan until they reduce a bit. Then either serve on the side. Or make lots of holes in the cake when it’s baked but while still in the tin, and pour the syrup in. Enjoy 😋.
Keep it covered at room temperature where it will stay fresh for a few days OR keep it covered in the fridge. A moist, spongy bundt cake for serious chocolate orange lovers. It has a wonderful flavor balance. It's amazing with a cup of coffee or tea. It's a stop everything you're doing and go make this cake kind of a dessert.