Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits. Delicata squash – Delicata squash is so easy to work with and preps and cooks easily. If you want to change it up, arcorn squash also works well in this recipe! Quinoa – Quinoa (wiki) is my favorite grain, well technically it's a seed but can be prepared like a grain.
You won't miss the meat in this healthy vegetarian dish loaded with black beans, quinoa, and cheddar cheese. Caramelized, roasted delicata squash tossed with dried cranberries, and spiced pecans could make just about anyone fall in love with salad. This roasted delicata squash stuffed with mushrooms and quinoa is so flavorful and satisfying. You can have Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits
- You need 1 of delicata squash.
- You need 2 of small russet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped butternut squash.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Quinoa washed and rinsed.
- You need 1/4 cup of Frozen peas.
- Prepare Drop of biscuits – your favorite recipe.
- It’s of Sazon seasoning.
- It’s of Ground sage.
- You need of Granulated garlic.
- You need of Sweet paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion.
Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash (Skinnytaste) Love this. The thin, smooth skin has a creamy yellow base with green or orange, vertical stripes. Quinoa & Spinach Delicata Squash (Vegan + Gluten-free); roasted delicata squash loaded with quinoa, spinach, pecans and cranberries. A deliciously wholesome and hearty dish you can enjoy all season.
Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Chop the potatoes and butternut squash into about half inch chunks and the delicata into about 3/4 inch chunks..
- Place the chopped potatoes and squashes onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Dust with the sazon, sage, garlic and paprika. Drizzle canola oil over the top about 2 tbsp and mix by hand ensuring the oil and seasonings completely coat. Bake for for 35 minutes..
- While baking prepare the drop biscuits per your favorite recipes directions. We used a gluten free recipe..
- When there is about 10 minutes left on the oven timer start the quinoa. Put the quinoa, onion and 2/3 can chicken broth in a saucepan with a dash of sazon, granulated garlic and paprika. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes..
- Stir together the cornstarch and remaining chicken broth to make a slurry. Add to the quinoa and continue simmering for another 2 minutes then remove from heat..
- Check the flavor and consistency of the quinoa mixture. Add a thin layer to the bottom of a greased baking dish. Size and shape of baking dish are up to you and how tightly packed you want the biscuits to be..
- Spread the roasted squash and potatoes evenly, add the frozen peas then cover with the rest of the quinoa mixture..
- Use an icecream scoop to evenly distribute the biscuits across the top and bake per the drop biscuit recipe..
- Let cool and serve!.
Ever since I made this Garlicky Creamy Alfredo Sauce my family and I have been indulging. With its pretty striped skin and uniform shape, delicata squash is a beautiful vessel for serving up this healthy quinoa stuffing. Serve this recipe as a stunning side dish or a View image. Quinoa-Stuffed Delicata Squash. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Stuffed Delicata Squash is a vegetarian dinnertime favorite!