Home fries. Rinse potato cubes with cold water, and drain well. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, and stir to coat with butter.
Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, these potatoes make a great side dish for brunch or dinner. Get the recipe for Home Fries. Food Home Style Life Holidays & Entertaining. You can have Home fries using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Home fries
- It’s 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare of broccoli.
- Prepare of cheese.
- Prepare of bacon.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of corn.
- Prepare to taste of mayonnaise.
- Prepare to taste of consomme (powder).
Home Fries are the ultimate in comfort-food side dishes. They brown beautifully and have a rich flavor that both your grownup and kid frineds will love. Briefly microwaving the potatoes gives them a head start on cooking. Quick tip – adding butter not only helps them brown better, but also lends rich flavor.
Home fries step by step
- Peel the potatoes and then cut them as well as the broccoli and bacon..
- Boil the potatoes and broccoli until they can be pierced by a fork..
- Drain the water..
- Fry the potatoes with bacon, corn, and cheese using mayonnaise instead of oil in a frying pan, seasoning them with salt, pepper, and consomm?..
- After that, put them in a heat-resistant plate..
- Sprinkle cheese on the dish and place it into a microwave oven to melt (about 5 min)..
The biggest difference between home fries and hash browns is how the potatoes are prepared. Home fries use bite-sized, cubed potatoes and hash browns use shredded potatoes. Home fries typically have other veggies added in, like onions and bell pepper, that are sauteed or baked with the potatoes. When heading out for breakfast or brunch, you've got a choice to make: Do you order something sweet, or opt for something savory? For me, it's a no-brainer — I go for the savory option every time.