Home made enchilada sauce.
You can cook Home made enchilada sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home made enchilada sauce
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil or butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
Home made enchilada sauce step by step
- Heat oil or butter in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add flour & whisk about 2 minutes until tan in color.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth & add in all seasonings.
- Once sauce starts to bubble reduce heat & let simmer 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Pour over enchiladas & bake!.