Chicken Waldorf Salad. Leftover cooked chicken makes this chicken Waldorf salad, loaded with apples, grapes, celery and walnuts, a snap to assemble. If you use rotisserie chicken, keep in mind that it's salty and omit the. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
This healthy salad is filled with lean protein, fruit and heart-healthy nuts. I lighten this up a bit by using a combo of mayo and Greek yogurt. I first heard of Chicken Waldorf Salad as a teen. You can have Chicken Waldorf Salad using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Waldorf Salad
- You need 3 cups of cooked diced chicken.
- Prepare 2 cups of grapes, halved.
- You need 2 of apples, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 10 cups of fresh mixed greens.
Tea parties were in vogue in our homeschool Waldorf salad is a favorite of mine because it's a wonderful blend: creamy yet fresh, savory yet sweet. Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted walnuts and mayonnaise. Healthy eating is made easy & delicious with this Waldorf Chicken Salad! When apple season hits, make this chicken Waldorf salad your go-to lunch, or leave a batch of this in You may think of a Waldorf salad as a retro dish created in a fancy hotel, but it's a classic that's.
Chicken Waldorf Salad instructions
- Cook and dice chicken..
- Cut grapes and add to bowl..
- Cut apples and add to bowl..
- Chop walnuts and add to bowl..
- In separate bowl, combine Greek yogurt and mayonnaise..
- Mix into bowl with chicken, apples, grapes and walnuts..
- Enjoy served with fresh greens!.
- This is a great lunch for meal prepping. Just place salad in separate bag to keep from getting soggy..
Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic cold salad made with tender chunks of chicken, apples, grapes, nuts, and celery in a creamy dressing. It is savory and sweet while being a great combination of. This Sweet and Savory Salad will be the perfect addition to your Holiday Table or a great dish to bring to your. One of the reasons I tell people to roast two chickens at a time in our new cookbook, Ready or Not. A Waldorf salad is a fruit and nut salad generally made of fresh celery, apples, walnuts, and grapes, dressed in mayonnaise, and traditionally served on a bed of lettuce as an appetizer or a light meal.