Eggplant Lasagne (Vegetarian/Vegan/Low Carb). This eggplant lasagna from Delish.com is cheesy and completely meat free. Top last layer of eggplant with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Vegan eggplant lasagna, made with eggplant slices, marinara sauce, vegan tofu ricotta and vegan parmesan cheese.
This delicious meal is based on a popular recipe from our app, Eggplant Lasagne which I also share on my blog. This Vegan Eggplant Lasagna is free from Gluten, Dairy, and Grains, but not on flavor! A hearty, healthy, and cozy dinner option. You can have Eggplant Lasagne (Vegetarian/Vegan/Low Carb) using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Lasagne (Vegetarian/Vegan/Low Carb)
- You need of Produce.
- It’s 1 of Large Eggplant (sliced lengthways).
- You need 2 of Zucchinis (sliced lengthways).
- You need 60 gms of Baby Spinach.
- It’s 400 gms of Button Mushrooms (processed).
- You need 1/2 of Medium Onion (finely chopped – for mushroom seasoning).
- You need 1 of Garlic Clove (crushed – for mushroom seasoning).
- Prepare 1 tbs of Fresh Parsley (finely chopped – for mushroom seasoning).
- It’s 10 gms of Fresh Basil Leaves.
- It’s of Spices.
- You need 1-2 tsp of Salt (for seasoning grilled vegetables).
- You need 1 tsp of Salt (for mushroom seasoning).
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Pepper (for seasoning grilled vegetables).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pepper (for mushroom seasoning).
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Paprika (for seasoning grilled vegetables).
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika (for mushroom seasoning).
- You need 1 tbs of Dried Oregano (for mushroom seasoning).
- You need 2 tsp of Dried Mixed Herbs (for mushroom seasoning).
- Prepare of Other.
- Prepare 600 mls of tomato passata.
- You need 120 gms of Mozeralla (I used Vegan mozeralla on 1/2 of the tray).
- It’s 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
Looking for a cozy, filling, and all-around satisfying plant-based Dinner option? Look no further – this Eggplant Lasagna checks. This Low-Carb Eggplant Lasagna recipe is made with eggplant slices, which makes it perfect for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. Looking for the perfect vegan, low-fat eggplant lasagna recipe?
Eggplant Lasagne (Vegetarian/Vegan/Low Carb) instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Slice the Eggplant and Zucchini lengthways, sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and rub with olive oil. Repeat on the other side..
- I grilled the Eggplant and Zucchini over a charcoal BBQ however this step isn't necessary. You can assemble the lasagne using these vegetables uncooked..
- Prepare the other ingredients as per the ingredients list..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the processed Mushrooms, onion, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, dried oregano, mixed herbs & parsley. Mix thoroughly..
- You can now assemble your Lasagne..
- Layer the bottom of the tray with the Eggplant and continue layering with the zucchini, spinach, Mushroom mix and passata.
- On the top layer, cover the passata, top with mozeralla, fresh basil & place in the oven to bake for approx 45mins.
- Remove from oven and leave to sit for approx 10mins before serving..
This recipe is a classic lasagna made with eggplant and spinach, and very little else. There's no tofu or ricotta cheese substitute to round it out, just the necessary ingredients of lasagna noodles. This Vegan Eggplant Lasagna is a complete gluten-free meal that your family and friends will enjoy, even those who usually eat meat. I have made vegetarian lasagna countless times. Yet, I've always added cheese to each.