Quick Bread. Quick bread is any bread leavened with leavening agents other than yeast or eggs. An advantage of quick breads is their ability to be prepared quickly and reliably, without requiring the time-consuming skilled labor and the climate control needed for traditional yeast breads. All the best quick breads, including banana bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread, and cornbread recipes.
The herbs make it a flavorful treat any time of the year. Quick breads are easy to prepare and bake, and they make a fabulous sweet breakfast or snack You can jazz a quick bread up with a dessert sauce or icing, or serve it warm with a scoop of ice. Think beyond banana bread — Food Network Magazine has dozens of sweet and. You can cook Quick Bread using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick Bread
- You need 2 cup of gluten free flour.
- You need 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground flax seed (combined with 3 tbs hot water).
- You need 2 cup of hot water.
These easy quick bread recipes are leavened with baking soda or baking powder, so they rise quickly when compared to traditional yeast breads with long rise times. These easy quick bread recipes use simple ingredients like bananas, coconut, pecans and shredded zucchini to add extra flavor and texture. The leavening in quick bread expands as the bread as baked. As a result, it often has a less complex flavor than yeast bread, because the dough does not ferment at all.
Quick Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 500°F and preheat baking pan. Combine 2 cups gluten free flour with cream of tartar and baking soda..
- Finely grind flax seed..
- Combine flax with 3 Tbs hot water..
- With the bread hook on low, slowly mix in the 2 cups of hot water and flax seed mixture..
- Once a slightly sticky dough has formed remove from mixer..
- Roll dough into a ball on (gluten free) floured surface..
- Break and roll into four ball pieces and use a roller to flatten. The dough will be delicate and light..
- Put on preheated baking pan and place on bottom rack. Should rise (not quite doubling in thickness, but able to slice in two for sandwiches) and brown within 10 minutes..
- Remove immediately. Allow to cool..
- Slice in half to make sandwiches. Brushed with olive oil and sprinkled sea salt, will add herbs next time as well. Tasty!.
These quick bread recipes are leavened with baking powder or soda. But also our favorite muffins, cornbread, biscuits, and more. Quick breads consist of muffins, biscuits, scones and loaf breads (Banana bread for example). They are called quick breads due to the lack of fermentation associated with yeast breads. Because quick breads are made without yeast, they can go into the oven immediately.