Kanji Vada. Kanji Vada -Mixed lentil fritters soaked in a sour fermented drink – a Rajasthani specialty. Kanji Vada is a popular drink of North India especially in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Kanji Vada is a Marwari delicacy of moong dal vadas immersed in tangy mustard flavoured liquid.
Kanji Vada is an ancient Ayurvedic food recipe. Even today, this dish is prepared and relished by Kanjika vada – sour gruel dipped Vada/ Kanji Bada (Hindi) is one such recipe which is explained in. Kanji Vada Recipe, Learn how to make Kanji Vada (absolutely delicious recipe of Kanji Vada This Kanji Vada recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. You can have Kanji Vada using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kanji Vada
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 cup Moong dal.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tsp of whole coriander seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tsp mustard seeds powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 5-6 litres of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- You need of Wheat flour as required.
Download Kanji vada stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. The Kanji Vada Recipe is a traditional recipe from Rajasthan and a delicious dish that is made from lentils soaked in a mildly spicy fermented mustard curry. Authentic Kanji Vada, Marwari Kanji Vada Recipe, Kanji Pani, Kanji vada is though an unusual drink but it tastes super. Kanji Vada Recipe: Quick step by step Kanji Vada recipe for Holi.
Kanji Vada step by step
- First wash the dal properly then soak the dal in water for about 6 to 7 hours then grind the dal with few pieces of ginger and green chilli without water (if required add 1 tsp water) make a coarse paste,now take a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dal paste then add little wheat flour,cumin seeds,red chilli powder,red chilli flakes,whole coriander seeds,salt now mix it then heat a kadhai put enough mustard oil for deep fry the vadas then take a small bowl put small muslin cloth on the open side of the bowl hold it tight with your left hand put.
- Some water on the muslin cloth then take a big lemon size dough (it should be little sticky) put it in the muslin cloth then take out the vada from the muslin cloth and put it in the hot oil deep fry the vadas till golden brown in colour,now take a mixing bowl put the vadas in water for about 30 minutes then take a.
- Large mixing bowl add 5 liters water,mustard seeds powder,salt,red chilli powder, cumin powder mix it well now squeeze the vadas from the water add them into the masala water, now keep it rest for 24 hours so that it gets fermented,after 24 hours keep it refrigerated for about 2 hours then take a serving bowl take 1 vada put some back salt,red chilli powder,roasted cumin powder…
In a serving glass, pour kanji and place vada at the top. Garnish with roasted cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves. Kanji Vada is one of those typical Rajasthani traditional dishes made seasonally during winter and is a delicious snack to enjoy. Kanji Wada is made during Holi and Diwali and mostly during winters as the. Kanji Vada is a popular and easy to make Rajasthani dish typically made during summer and during any fasting time.