Easy Chicken Enchiladas. Easy Chicken Enchiladas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The BEST chicken enchiladas — easy to make, totally customizable with your favorite fillings, and made with a super-simple Best Chicken Enchiladas Ever! This recipe is so quick and easy, and I always receive a ton of compliments.
My easy homemade enchilada sauce really makes it outstanding, so don't skip that step! This Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe from Delish.com is the best. These enchiladas are a little slice of cheesy, saucy heaven. You can have Easy Chicken Enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- You need 1 each of whole chicken cooked or rotisserie.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sour cream or low fat plain yogurt.
- It’s 3 cup of Mexican cheese blend.
- Prepare 1 packages of small flour tortillas.
- You need 1 can of enchilada sauce.
They may not be authentic by, well, anyone's standards, but they are. Boil chicken until it falls apart, then shred. This enchilada dish is sure to be a new family favorite. It's simple to put together and perfect for leftovers — if you're lucky enough.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas step by step
- If using a rotisserie chicken, pull meat from bone and shred. If using a whole chicken, you can broil or roast with seasonings you like..
- In skillet, make a roux using the unsalted butter and all purpose flour. To do this, on medium heat, melt butter and gradually add flour, stirring, ensuring there are no lumps. I generally cook this long enough to where it begins to turn a light brown, adding a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Once roux is formed, stir in sour cream or yogurt. Gradually add broth. Once combined, add 1 cup of cheese until melted and combined. Set aside..
- In a 9 x 13 oven safe dish, coat bottom with a portion of enchilada sauce – just coating the bottom..
- Turn on and preheat oven to 350. Take a flour tortilla and place shredded chicken in middle. Top chicken with good amount of cheese. Roll up and place in dish with enchilada sauce. Can get about 8 out of this..
- Pour cheese sauce made in skillet over top of rolled tortillas. Top with remaining shredded cheese. (Option: pour remaining enchilada sauce on top too.).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cheese is well melted. Enjoy!.
Making enchiladas is, hands-down, my favorite way to transform leftovers into an easy, flavorful dinner. Tender roasted chicken gets dressed up with spicy, piquant enchilada sauce, covered in shredded. Enchiladas Made Easy – This is a easy to make and follow Chicken Enchilada video with several layers of delicious flavor. These chicken enchiladas are so easy to throw together. This easy chicken enchiladas recipe is an authentic Mexican food staple.