White Chicken Chili (only 5 ingredients). After sharing a new recipe for easy (red) chicken chili, I thought I would circle back today to share one of my all-time favorite recipes for easy white chicken chili. Even better — my favorite easy white chicken chili recipe that is made with just FIVE easy. Start by gathering all the ingredients: chicken thighs, dried navy beans (soaked overnight), chicken broth, onion, spicy green chiles, white chicken chili seasoning mix, cumin, garlic, and salt.
The dish appears white when cooked and is more of a soup rather than a thickened stew. A white cheese, such as Monterey Jack, or sour cream are often added when served. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. You can have White Chicken Chili (only 5 ingredients) using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Chicken Chili (only 5 ingredients)
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken breast chopped and cooked. (Or 3 large chicken breasts frozen if you want to cook in the crockpot. Can shred after it’s cooked).
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth-fat free.
- You need 2 cups of salsa (mild, medium, hot, or verde, whichever you prefer).
- It’s 48 oz of jar of great northern beans.
- It’s 1 cup of 2% mozzarella cheese (or regular mozzarella if not watching calories).
Stir in the broth, chiles, cumin, oregano and cayenne; bring to a boil. Skinny White Chicken Chili is a super healthy, protein packed, flavorful recipe. This meal is really easy to make. Made with fresh chicken, roasted green chile, great Northern beans, and corn, this white chicken chili is sure to be a hearty meal your family will love.
White Chicken Chili (only 5 ingredients) step by step
- Add all except the cheese to crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours if chicken is frozen. Make sure the chicken is cooked through. If chicken is cooked just heat on stove until hot..
- Add the cheese about 5 mins before you’re going to eat and stir..
- Can add seasoning if you want. Can top with sour cream and more cheese if you’d like. Enjoy!.
A packet of chicken taco seasoning not only makes this easy chicken chili a breeze to make, it also lends unbelievable flavor to this recipe! Disclosure: I'm excited to partner with Old El Paso this year to bring you fresh and flavorful recipes. Thank you for supporting Rachel Cooks by reading about brands we love and use in our own home. This white chicken chili recipe uses cannellini beans and diced chicken breasts in a chicken broth base.. Chicken and Chorizo Chili "This chili recipe is so delicious!