Ragi Rotti. Ragi mudde & ragi rotti are the staples in rural karnataka and are eaten during the beginning of the day especially by the farmers. These roti are nutrient dense and keeps hunger pangs away. good for health. ragi rotti, also known as ragi roti or finger millet roti. the ragi roti can be prepared in two ways. the first one is rolling out like normal chapathi. the second option is hand-beaten on top of. Ragi Rotti Recipe/Karnataka Special Masale Ragi Rotti in Kannada/Finger Millet Rotti Instant Ragi Roti recipe-Ragi Roti in Telugu-How to make Ragi roti-Finger Millet roti-Ragi chapati.
Ragi is rich with proteins and fiber which gives energy when consumed. Ragi rotti or finger millet flour roti recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video. Ragi roti recipe with step by step pics. You can have Ragi Rotti using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ragi Rotti
- You need 1.5 cup of Ragi flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Rice flour.
- It’s 1 of chopped onions.
- You need 3-5 of Chopped green chilli.
- It’s 1 inch of chopped ginger.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- Prepare leaves of Coriander.
- You need 0.5 tsp of Hing.
- You need 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of jaggery.
- You need 3 tsp of coconut.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Water to mix.
These nachni roti are rustic and healthy rotis made with ragi aka finger millet flour and whole wheat This ragi roti is similar to the way Phulka or Jowar roti are made. Ragi-Rotti means ragi-pancake in the native language, Kannada. Ragi Rotti is a nutritious roti made with Ragi Flour (Nachni Atta or Finger Millet). To begin making the Ragi Ujju Rotti Recipe, in a medium sized vessel, bring the water to a boil in a pan with salt and oil.
Ragi Rotti instructions
- In a bowl take onion + chilli + cumin seeds + curry leaves + coriander leaves + salt + jaggery +oil + hing + ginger + coconut. Mix well..
- Now to the same bowl add ragi flour + rice flour and mix well with hot water(half glass) and form a dough. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Now heat the pan. Take a small portion of dough and spread it round in a aluminum foil or sheet making holes in between. Place it on the pan and remove the foil carefully. Heat it on both sides..
- Serve hot ragi rotti with curd/yogurt and sugar..
Ragi rottis are probably unique to Karnataka and are one of the all time favorites for Here's the recipe for traditional healthy hearty Ragi rotti. Don't miss out the notes section at the end of the post… Ragi Rotti is type of Indian bread prepared using Finger Millet/Nachni. Ragi Roti is a healthy flat bread made with finger millet flour. Vegetables can be added to it making it a complete meal. Its variant is also called as Ragi Adai in southern India.