Sig's Two Cheese Polenta Bake. Give this quick, creamy polenta a try for a dish similar to cheese grits. If you are not serving immediately, keep it covered. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Sprinkle remaining half of cheddar cheese over polenta. Bake polenta until heated through and golden on top, about. Our easy baked polenta is flavored with lots of butter and grated Parmesan cheese. You can have Sig's Two Cheese Polenta Bake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Two Cheese Polenta Bake
- You need 3/4 liter of water for boiling polenta.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 190 grams of polenta, I use quick cooking.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of each of cayenne pepper and white pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of roughly chopped chives.
- You need 6 piece of sundried tomatoes very finely chopped (optional).
- You need 125 grams of blue cheese of choice , I use a Shropshire blue or Gorgonzola.
- Prepare 75 grams of grated spicy Mexican type cheese, this is a rough amount add as little or as much as you like..
Serve the polenta (or grits) as a replacement for potatoes or rice. Parmesan cheese and butter make this a rich and flavorful polenta. An authentic Italian polenta is the best choice, but yellow stone-ground grits or a. Stir the Parmesan cheese into the polenta.
Sig's Two Cheese Polenta Bake instructions
- First preheat oven to 200 C or gas 6. Heat the water to slow boiling point, add the salt…
- Very slowly , constantly stirring with a wooden spoon , add the polenta.. Turn down the heat and stir for about 6-8 minutes , depending on how fast your polenta will cook as to packet instructions.
- Take of the heat and stir in the butter.
- Stir in the chives .Add the white and cayenne pepper , stir under..
- Fill half of the bottom of each of your ovenproof serving dishes, or half of just one that will serve 2-3 people.
- Add your sundried tomatoes if using and then add your blue cheese.
- Cover over with the rest of the polenta and sprinkle with grated spicy cheese and any leftover blue cheese ..
- Bake until crispy and golden brown ..
- This is very hot when it comes out of the oven, please be careful..
- This will serve two people as a main or three people as a light lunch.
Spread evenly in a. with half the Mozzarella cheese. Have you tried baking polenta before? Baked Polenta Fries are crispy and delicious. Serve them with Garlic Tomato Sauce for dipping. Baked Polenta with Cheese Baked Polenta with Cheese.