Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing. To make icing, place cream cheese and butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar; blend in vanilla extract I like the addition of lemon zest to the icing and plan to try it with other recipes. They taste identical to the cake!
A mouth-watering cake with a touch of lemon, filled with lemon curd, and topped with lemon cream cheese frosting. It makes a beautiful cake for a birthday, spring shower, or for your Easter table and I love to serve it with a scoop of citrus sorbet with Meyer lemons. Now, I have to share with you that. You can cook Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing
- It’s 1 box of favorite lemon cake mix.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 3 of eggs room temperature.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the Frosting.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon zest.
You can make the lemon cream cheese filling while that's happening. This lemon sheet cake recipe is totally homemade and completely delicious! It's super fluffy and light and perfect for spring. It's topped with cream cheese frosting On top of the cream cheese icing, I added the little candied lemon rounds from Trader Joes!
Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan.
- Place all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium with an electric mixer until all ingredients are combined, pour in bundt pan. Place in oven..
- For the frosting, add the butter, lemon juice and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low gradually add the powder sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Once combined, turn the mixer up to medium and beat for another two minutes. Spread onto cooled cake then add chocolate chips to cake and serve. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!!.
Do they still have these or are they seasonal? The flavor of lemon against cream cheese frosting cannot be beaten. Once the icing hardens on the cake or cookie, you can keep it at room temperature for a week or Just make sure to do this before you zest the lemon since the juice will escape through the skin if as a star ingredient, such as Polish lemon blueberry bundt cake and lemon cream cheese cookies. This recipe mixes lemon zest into lightly textured cupcakes that are then topped with a tangy lemon-cream cheese frosting. Feel free to also season with salt and pepper (or stir in cream cheese for added decadence).