Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese. This Vegetarian Bolognese recipe is just about as easy as it gets. I call it my "lazy vegan bolognese" because I use a jar of prepared marinara sauce to make it on busy weeknights, when I. A simple Vegetarian bolognese recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends.
The key to success is using familiar, versatile ingredients and building flavors. A meatless vegan Bolognese sauce stars in this vegetarian lasagna recipe. Drumroll… meet your new meatless-Monday favorite: Wavy Lasagna with Mushroom Tofu Vegan Bolognese! You can cook Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese
- You need 1 of small head of cauliflower.
- You need 1 lb of mushrooms, I prefer a wild mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of carrots, shredded or whole.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion.
- It’s 4 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 cans (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Vegetarian Bolognese Zoodles for an easy vegan and gluten-free pasta dish. Same consistency as real bolognese and tons of flavor! Vegan Food Blog with Healthy and Flavorful Vegan Recipes. This Lentil Bolognese Sauce is hearty with Red lentils and Mushrooms, flavors with herbs, sauce and great with Spaghetti or other pasta.
Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese step by step
- Rough chop your cauliflower, carrots,onions and mushrooms..
- Add your vegetable mix and garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped (essentially looks like ground beef).
- In a pot heat up about 1/2 cup of oil..
- Add your vegetable mix, herbs and spices and saute until they soften..
- Add your red wine and reduce by 1/2..
- Add your tomatoes and sugar and simmer for about 35/40 mins.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!.
This Vegan Bolognese is a rich and flavorful sauce for those 'meat lovers' in your family. I use riced cauliflower and mushrooms to recreate the traditional 'hamburger' used in this sauce. This vegetarian bolognese is proper comfort food, it's tasty, rich and full of flavour. To keep this meal vegan serve it some good vegan hard cheese. A simple recipe which is easy & quick to make and very delicious.