Jeera rice. Restaurant style & homestyle – both yield delicious, grainy & flavorful cumin Jeera rice recipe How to make jeera rice (Jeera pulao recipe). Jeera rice recipe with step by step photos.
This recipe for jeera rice (Indian steamed cumin rice) will never fail you! Jeera (zeera) rice is a very simple and flavorful rice and can be prepared in a few minutes. It is the simplest of all flavored rice and goes well with most of the gravies we usually prepare for roti/chapati. You can cook Jeera rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeera rice
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- You need of Cardamom crushed.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2-3 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- You need of Pepper crushed.
- You need 2 of green chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
Boiled rice tempered in ghee with cumin seeds. This jeera rice recipe is PERFECT, non-sticky, fluffy, fragrant and delicious. Each and every method gives perfect taste and texture. Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice is a very popular rice side dish in India.
Jeera rice instructions
- In a pan take a tsp of oil + cardamom seeds + cinnamon stick + bay leaf + cumin seeds and sauté until it turns aromatic. Meanwhile soak basmati rice in water for 15-30 minutes.
- Now add onion + ginger garlic paste and sauté well. Now add pepper + green chilli..
- Add basmati rice and sauté smoothly. Now add water(1.5 cup). Add salt + a tsp ghee+ bit jaggery. Add coriander leaves as well..
- Let it boil for 20 minutes until water is evaporated. Now add cashews and raisins roasted to it and serve it with gravy..
You would almost always find it on the It's extremely easy to make jeera rice in the Instant Pot. Simply saute the spices until fragrant. Jeera Rice is cumin flavoured rice along with some whole Indian herbs and spices, is a Usually, jeera rice is accompanied with the gravy based dish. Whenever we visit restaurants, generally order. Rice cooked along with cumin seeds and whole spices tempered in ghee – aromatic and flavourful.