Quick and healthy Matar chaat (Dried peas, Matra, Yellow peas). Dry roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds separately, until they are brown and you can smell their aroma. Matar Chaat is a very famous street food of India. This is a quick, easy, spicy, tangy, healthy and delicious Indian snack.
Peas are soaked, boiled, tempered , cooked with tomatoes and spices and then garnished with radish, tomatoes and green chilies. A spoonful of hot green chutney and little bit of tamarind chutney is added to make it more tangy and. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Matar Kulcha Dried Yellow Peas Chaat. You can cook Quick and healthy Matar chaat (Dried peas, Matra, Yellow peas) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick and healthy Matar chaat (Dried peas, Matra, Yellow peas)
- Prepare One cup of peas Dried (Soaked overnight):.
- Prepare One of onion Finely chopped :.
- It’s Two of tomatoes Finely chopped -.
- You need One of cucumber small Finely chopped :.
- It’s One or two of chilies Finely chopped green :.
- It’s One of Lemon lime or :.
- It’s Two of Clove buds :.
- You need To taste of Salt chilly chaat masala turmeric amchur , red powder , , , powder :.
- It’s of parsley mint leaves Washed and chopped or.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Fennel seeds (Optional) : ..
Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. The boiled green peas are tossed with an array of spices, chutneys and garnishings and is enjoyed as an evening binge favorite. Matar Chaat is a very famous street food of India. This is a quick, easy, spicy, tangy, healthy and delicious Indian snack.
Quick and healthy Matar chaat (Dried peas, Matra, Yellow peas) step by step
- Strain the peas and put them in a pressure cooker. Pour a small amount of water, just enough to immerse the peas. Add salt, the dry spices (red chilly powder, fennel seeds, turmeric, amchur, cloves). Close the lid and cook on medium flame till one whistle. Cook on low flame for another five minutes. After that turn off the gas and keep it aside to cool down gradually. (In the image I have also added soy chunks for more nutrients.).
- After the pressure dissipates, plate your peas as shown in above image. Add a layer of onions. Then a layer of tomatoes. Sprinkle pinch of salt, red chilly powder and chaat masala over it..
- Then add a layer of cucumber and green chilies. Garnish with parsley and/or mint leaves. Sprinkle some more chaat masala. Squeeze half a lemon on top. And serve it with your favorite toasted bread. I have used multi grain whole wheat bread toasted in ghee. (I like to use a lot of parsley but you can use less.).
You can serve it as a snack or starter. Matar ki chaat is a very famous chaat recipe which is popular in north India. It can be had as a snack in the evening or can be paired with pani puri and aloo tikki for a delicious chaat experience. Ingredients needed for making Matar Ki Chaat. Yellow split peas are a healthy source of plant protein.