Rajma chawal – traditional method. rajma chawal is a comfort food where rajma means kidney beans gravy and chawal means rice. the post shares a simple and easy one pot punjabi rajma gravy along with the absorption method of I am sharing here both the methods of making rajma and chawal (steamed rice) with step by step pics. Rajma chawal is a traditional Punjabi dish and a popular street food of kidney beans and rice. Rajma Chawal are very tasty and easy dish for lunch or dinner.
Rajma chawal recipe – rajma gravy is made from red kidney beans with onion-tomato gravy. It is best served with plain steamed rice aka chawal. So together it is called rajma chawal, a best and comforting combo. You can have Rajma chawal – traditional method using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rajma chawal – traditional method
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped onions.
- It’s 1 cup of grated tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chilli powder.
- You need 2 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- It’s of Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Prepare 3 cup of rajma.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
I am sharing the quick version of rajma chawal made in pressure cooker only. Rajma chawal is one of the regular. Rajma chawal is derived from Punjab and this recipe is super unique as we have mixed the rajma curry and cooked basmati rice and made it like a pulao. This Punjabi rajma chawal can be easily made if you have soaked rajma a day prior.
Rajma chawal – traditional method instructions
- Soak the rajma for 8 hours and boil the soaked rajma in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles..
- Take a pan and add oil to heat. Put cumin seeds. After it sprinkles add chopped onions to it. Saute it well till it becomes translucent..
- Add the slits green chillies to it. Add Ginger garlic paste and saute well till the raw smell goes off it..
- Add the tomato puree and saute well. Then add coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder..
- Mix the masala well and cook for 2 min..
- Add the boiled rajma and cook for 15 min in medium heat. Add water as required. Put off the flame when done and garnish it with coriander leaves..
I am sure not even an amateur will go wrong with this one. Rajma is traditionally made with onions and tomato purée which acts as a gravy for the red beans. This dish makes for a complete vegetarian meal that is If desired, rajma chawal can be flavored with a variety of spices such as chili peppers, cinnamon, bay leaves, ginger, garlic, coriander, and cumin. Method:wash the rajma and soak them in enough water overnight. Put the soaked rajma and the same water in which they have been soaked in the pressure cooker.