Home Made Mac and Sauce.
You can have Home Made Mac and Sauce using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home Made Mac and Sauce
- It’s 1 pack of macaroni shells -.
- You need 1 of bechamel sauce or Maggi bechamel powder.
- You need 2 jars of -pasta sauce (I like Arrabiatta).
- Prepare 2 tsp of low fat cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 3 of elaichi powder pinches.
- It’s 1 of fresh pack button mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Chilli powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s of prefered grated cheese for garnish.
- You need of Minced meat 600g (non veg) or finely chopped mix veg for (vegan).
Home Made Mac and Sauce instructions
- Preboil your macaroni as instructed.
- In a large base wok or deep pan, warm some cooking spray or oil (very little) on a low flame.
- Chop onion finely and add to the wok to sizzle and stir in a pinch of salt to prevent burning of onion..
- As the onion cooks, chop mushrooms either as quarters if you like bigger pieces of fine slices as I did. Add to the onion and let cook till mushroom begins to shrink..
- Add black pepper and chili powder and stir in well. Add salt to taste. Now add in pre washed mince/veg and allow to cook for about 5 minutes. (for meat…till all meat cooks and color changes to a brown). Add elaichi(cardamom) powder at this point and mix in well..
- As the cooking continues, add the pasta sauce and mix in well, add half to three quarter glass of water to aid further cooking. (I use the sauce rinse water from the pasta bottles which captures all sauce left in the jar and doesn't allow your mix to become flavorless).
- Mix in well and leave to cook. Constitute your bechamel sauce powder(I always prefer Maggi powder variety for flavor and consistency) if you are using pre prepared bechamel… Portion since is 2 is to 1(I bottle bechamel to 2 bottle pasta sauce).
- As the gravy bubbles add bechamel mix/ sauce and cream cheese. Stir in well and lower flame as the sauce will thicken fast. If too thick add water to lighten..
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes and serve hot with macaroni. Garnish with a grated cheese or your choice.