Pandan Pancake. We used pandan extract to make the pancakes, and the coconut milk to make the custard filling. And the pancake's fluffy texture mixed with the fragrant pandan flavour goes perfectly together. Lovely modified pancake recipe that suit Asian style.
What for breakkie on a lovely weekend ?? Breakkie is a short form for breakfast. In this lovely country -Australia, a "cute" habit is to add " ie " at the end in some word to make it sound more neat :). You can have Pandan Pancake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pandan Pancake
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 50 gr of sugar.
- Prepare 100 gr of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 10 gr of milk powder.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare of Pandan juice / pandan paste.
- It’s of (If you wish to make a chocolate one, add 10gr cocoa powder & reduce 10gr flour).
- You need of Bit of butter (~3gr, melted).
- You need of Vanilla (optional).
- You need of Filling.
- You need of Chocolate spread / any jams / etc.
These mini, rolled coconut and pandan crepes are filled with more sweetened coconut, for a tasty But it's all the same thing: a delicious green coloured pandan-flavoured pancake that's filled with. With its musky vanilla overtones, pandan works well in breakfast pancakes, crepes, hotcakes and the like. If you can't be bothered dealing with fresh leaves here, just substitute pandan essence. It's a pandan flavoured pancake filled with a grated coconut filling sweetened with dark caramel flavoured Gula Melaka, Malaysian palm sugar.
Pandan Pancake instructions
- Whisk eggs and sugar until well combined then add dry ingredients.
- Pour milk (i combined milk and pandan juice before pouring it) or simply add drops of pandan paste.
- Cook pancake and fill as you wish.
- Fold and enjoy!.
The Pandan Pancake was really good and fragrant. I appreciated that the pancakes were served warm and it makes a nice contrast with a generous scoop of coconut icecream. Pandan-flavoured desserts and pastries in Kuala Lumpur and Klang Valley, including pandan cakes, pandan waffles, pandan macarons and pandan egg tarts. Pandan sweets always pair nicely with coconut, so we made a coconut custard to go along with the cakes. When the layered stack is placed in the fridge for an hour.