Scalloped Potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry. Once layered, bake this easy potato casserole until tender, golden, and bubbly.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. You can have Scalloped Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- You need 1 bag of baby potatoes or 2 lbs russet potatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of flour.
- You need 2 of shallots.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s Dash of white wine.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of 3 tbsp butter, divided.
- Prepare of Cheese (blue, mozzarella, parm) to top – optional.
Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan. My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes! These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor.
Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Make the roux. Dice shallots and mince garlic. Brown butter in a medium sauce pan. Sauté shallots until translucent; add garlic and cook gently (about 2 mins). Add flour and cook, whisking, until it’s light brown..
- Make the sauce. Add splash of wine to the roux; whisk until alcohol smell has cooked off. Add half the chicken stock and whisk to incorporate. Add milk. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Simmer..
- Grease bottom and sides of a medium casserole pan. Thin slice potatoes. Melt 2 tbls butter in microwave. Place your first layer of potatoes (overlapping slightly) and brush with melted butter. Repeat for all the layers..
- Cover it all with your sauce. Optional: top with cheese..
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1h. Remove cover. Cook uncovered for 40 mins. Finish with a quick broil..
The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. This is basically a classic French potato dish called potatoes Dauphinoise that is baked in an oval gratin dish. These cheesy scalloped potatoes are a classic and staple at any holiday dinner. My favorite recipe for vegan scalloped potatoes- ultra creamy, cheesy, garlicky and comforting. Oh vegan scalloped potatoes, where have you been all my life?