Yummy Diet Greek Salad. Even traditional Greek salad with arugula is low in calories. However, you can make this light dish even healthier. Go Greek, Swedish-style, with this classic salad.
If your cucumbers are young, you can leave the immature seeds in! The vegetables should be in sizable chunks for this salad. Many varieties of feta are available: Some are sour, some salty, some creamy and some are very creamy. You can have Yummy Diet Greek Salad using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yummy Diet Greek Salad
- You need 150 g of low-fat feta cheese, cubed.
- You need 1 of lettuce head, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 4 of medium tomatoes, cubed.
- It’s 4 of medium cucumbers, sliced.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, cut into rings.
- You need 1 of green bell peppers, cut into thin rings (optional).
- Prepare 10 of black olives, pits removed.
- Prepare of mint leaves optional.
- Prepare of Dressing:.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of red vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need of salt to taste.
Yummy Healthy Kitchen is a special cookery program by Express TV on preparation of healthy and tasty dishes. Greek Tomato Salad – a healthy salad sans lettuce that is fresh and full of flavor! Kids are not the only ones who have a hard time eating their veggies. Jen Nikolaus is a recipe blogger and photographer over at Yummy Healthy Easy.
Yummy Diet Greek Salad instructions
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together until well combined..
- Place all the salad ingredients, except the black olives and feta cheese, in a large bowl and pour the dressing over them..
- Toss gently to combine. Arrange the olives and feta cheese on top and serve..
She lives in beautiful Southern California with her husband and four. This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement. This is my take on a Greek Salad. I wanted to make authentic greek salad for a very long time.