Mexican Chicken Bowl.
You can cook Mexican Chicken Bowl using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken Bowl
- You need 2 of -Grilled Chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of -Cups Jasmine Rice.
- It’s 2 of -Roma Tomatoes; diced.
- Prepare 2 of – Limes; zested & juiced.
- It’s 2 of -Cups of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of -Yellow Onion; diced.
- Prepare 1/4 slice of Green Pepper; diced.
- Prepare 1/4 slice of Red Pepper; diced.
- You need 1/2 Cup of shredded Mexican 4 cheese.
- Prepare 1 of -Can Organic seasoned Black Beans.
- You need 1 of -Pkg. Taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of -Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp. of Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/4 Tsp. of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Note: you can use whatever type of peppers you want in the salsa.
Mexican Chicken Bowl step by step
- Triple rinse rice; and spray the rice cooker..
- Add rice and water to rice cooker; (use rice cooker directions) put a clean wash cloth over it, then put the top of the rice cooker on and cook according to the rice cooker direction..
- Open the can of black beans and pour into a microwave safe bowl and cook on reheat for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Grill- 7 minutes per side; bake- 30-40 minutes; steam- 60 minutes. Until Chicken is done. (I grill mine). Then let cool 5 minutes and diced up. Put chicken in a skillet with 1 tbsp. Of oil or use spray; add the pkg. of taco mix and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes; set aside..
- By this time the rice is done; so, zest 1/4 tsp. of lime into the rice and add 1/4 tsp. Cumin, 1 tbsp. cilantro and 1 to 2 tbsp. of lime juice; mix well; set aside..
- Dice up all vegetables and put them into a bowl; add 11/2 tbsp. Lime juice, 1/4 tsp. Zested lime, 1/2 tsp. Salt and1/4 tsp. Black Pepper; mix well and set aside..
- Now, lets put it all together: In whatever type of bowls your using; 1st put 1 cup of cilantro-lime rice on the bottom; 2nd add black beans, 3rd add fresh salsa, 4th add chicken, and 5th add 1/3 cup of the Mexican 4 cheese..
- Serve and enjoy with some tortilla chips & salsa..