Baked Mac & Cheese with Butternut Squash. He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper. But I tried it anyway cause my fiance and I love mac and cheese, this recipe turned out great it wasn't at all clu.
For the best baked mac and cheese, use extra-sharp white cheddar cheese for more flavor. Even people who have had their own homemade baked macaroni and cheese recipe for years ask for mine. A classic and easy baked mac and cheese recipe! You can have Baked Mac & Cheese with Butternut Squash using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Mac & Cheese with Butternut Squash
- Prepare 1 box of GF pasta.
- It’s 4 Cups of Roasted Butternut Squash pureed.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of White Rice Flour.
- It’s 1 of Poblano Pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 Clove of Garlic minced.
- You need 2 Cups of Butter Milk.
- You need 1 Tsp of Ground Mustard Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Chopped Dehydrated Onion.
- You need 1 Dash of No-Salt Organic Seasoning (Costco brand).
- You need 1 Dash of Adobe Seasoning.
- It’s 3 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. This baked mac and cheese is heavy on the cheesy insides, crunchy outsides, and OMG vibes. If this baked mac and cheese happens to be fed to you by a friend who invites you over when you are. Southern Baked Mac and Cheese – super creamy, cheesy, soulful baked mac and cheese filled with great Southern flavors.
Baked Mac & Cheese with Butternut Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large pan heat 2 tbsp oil and soften the poblano and garlic..
- Whisk in the flour along with the spices. Cook until the raw taste from the flour is gone, about 15 minutes whisking periodically..
- Slowly whisk in the butter milk and allow to thicken slightly..
- Once the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon start whisking in the squash and 3.5 cups of the cheddar cheese..
- After the cheese and squash are incorporated stir in cooked pasta..
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes remove then top with remaining cheddar and parmesan. Bake uncovered for about 8 minutes, just enough to set and lightly brown the top..
- Allow to cool and dig in!.
You will never break open a box again! Cheesy Baked Macaroni is a good dish to prepare this holiday season. It is delicious, cheesy, and a sure crowd pleaser. This can be prepared during Christmas dinner. Yall this baked macaroni and cheese is FULL OF SOUL!!