Brad's seared duck breast w/ blueberry balsamic reduction. Try it at home with this Crispy Seared Duck Breast With Blueberry Sauce from Functional Medicine Director Mark Hyman, MD. Open the duck breast packages over the sink to drain any juices. Place the duck breasts skin side up on a cutting board.
Roasted potatoes seasoned with rosemary and thyme complete this meal, perfect for any special occasion. A super easy pan seared duck breast with blueberry reduction sauce. Wipe and pat duck breast halves dry with paper towels, rub on all sides with one teaspoon of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. You can cook Brad's seared duck breast w/ blueberry balsamic reduction using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's seared duck breast w/ blueberry balsamic reduction
- You need of For the duck.
- You need 4 of duck breast, skin on.
- It’s of Rosemary, oregano, thyme, Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- You need 6 oz of fresh blueberries.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 half of cup dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 half of teaspoon each, ground ginger and nutmeg.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need of For the vegetable braise.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 lb of baby organic rainbow carrots.
- You need 1 of leek, sliced thin.
- You need 1 of bulb fennel, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Pour reduction (sauce) over duck and serve at once. Then give this pan-seared chicken in a balsamic reduction sauce a go. Needless to say, these are exceedingly expensive. Cheaper, grocery store varieties can be vastly improved by reducing them, concentrating their sweetness.
Brad's seared duck breast w/ blueberry balsamic reduction instructions
- Place a little oil in a frying pan. Saute carrots until they start to brown. Add wine & reduce by half. Add a little water and cover. Steam until tender..
- Add butter to another frying pan. Saute leek, fennel, and garlic until it just caramelizes. Mix with the carrots when they are done..
- Meanwhile, score the skin of the duck breast 3 or 4 times. This will keep it from curling up in the frying pan. Coat with seasonings let sit 15 minutes..
- During this time melt butter in a small saucepan on medium low. Add blueberries. Stir often until they soften and release their juices. Add wine, vinegar, ginger and nutmeg. Let liquid reduce by half. Add brown sugar and stir very often until sugar caramelizes making the sauce slightly thicker..
- Heat oil in another frying pan. Over medium high heat. Place duck in skin side down. Fry 4 minutes. Melt butter around the duck. Spoon melted butter over the top. Fry 7 minutes total on the skin side. The skin should be golden brown and a little crispy..
- Flip duck. Cook 3-4 minutes on the other side. Spoon butter over the top again during this time. Remove duck to a cutting board and let rest 2-3 minutes..
- Slice duck about 1/2 inch thick on a bias. Arrange over the vegetable medly. Pour sauce over the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Cooking duck breast at home is as easy as one, two, three. First, score the skin so the fat can quickly render away. Second, cook it low and slow for tender meat and a crispy skin. Remove the duck from the marinade and pat it dry. Seared duck breast, cooked to rare or medium rare, satisfies like steak.