Sophie's garlic cheese stuffed dough balls. Loaded with cheese, these warm, buttery bread balls are irresistible. Grease the large bowl and dough with butter and place the dough back into the bowl, cover with cling wrap and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. Give our tear-and-share gooey cheese-filled dough balls a go at home with step-by-step help from the olive test kitchen.
Fill the dough balls with any cheese you like or just keep them coated in garlic Flatten out and place one cube of mozzarella cheese inside. Bring up sides over mozzarella and pinch to seal. A crowd-pleasing starter filled with mozzarella, garlic butter and a hint of spice. You can have Sophie's garlic cheese stuffed dough balls using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sophie's garlic cheese stuffed dough balls
- You need of dough.
- It’s 350 grams of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of sachet fast acting yeast.
- Prepare 200 ml of warm water.
- You need of filling.
- It’s 75 grams of slightly softened butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder (might be too much for some, but I'm a fiend for garlic).
- It’s 75 grams of cheese (your choice, anything that melts well. I used cheddar as that's all i had).
- You need 75 grams of cream cheese.
- It’s 1/3 tbsp of chopped dried parsley (optional).
- You need of topping.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornmeal (optional).
Cheesy and easy to make fresh dough balls perfect for any party or. Look no further than these stuffed garlic dough balls! Easy cheesy finger food doesn't get more delicious than this! Place mozzarella down the middle of each strip.
Sophie's garlic cheese stuffed dough balls instructions
- In a bowl, combine your salt and flour..
- In another bowl, combine your water, sugar, yeast and oil. Mix well and then mix into the flour..
- Once fully combined, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Feel free to add as much flour as you need..
- Place in a bowl and leave to rise for around an hour..
- While that rises, combine your butter, cream cheese, garlic powder, parsley (if using) and grated cheese. Set aside in the fridge..
- After an hour, preheat your oven to 180°C..
- Cut your dough into chunks about 1 ½"..
- Form a well in each chunk and fill with as much filling mix as yoy can safely do without it leaking out. Pinch the edges together to seal it in. Place on a lightly greased baking tray and repeat..
- Use a pastry brush to apply a thin layer of oil to the tops, sprinkle with cornmeal then bake for 7 mins or until golden brown..
- Enjoy hot!.
Fold and pinch the dough around the cheese along the entire strip, ensuring to close off the ends. Stuffed Bagel Ball Variations: You can get super creative with the cream cheese filling and toppings! I adore the garlic knots using this basic dough recipe, I cannot wait to try these ones! So easy to make, thanks for all the great options Gina!! Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread is stuffed with mozzarella cheese and coated in herb butter.