Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 of pre-baked 8 or 9" pastry case, see my recipe for free-from shortcrust pastry link below.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of (heaped) caster / superfine sugar.
- Prepare 2 of ripe bananas.
- You need 100 ml of (half cup minus 1 tbsp) full fat coconut milk.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1 of ripe banana.
- Prepare 300 ml of (1 & 1/4 cup) coconut cream*.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of icing / powdered sugar.
- You need of cocoa powder or shaved chocolate for garnish.
Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Put the sugar in an even layer into a frying pan over a medium heat. Don't stir.
- Meanwhile, put the bananas and milk into a blender and puree smooth.
- When the sugar has turned brown and caramelized, pour the banana mixture into it and stir well. The caramel will start to harden but keep stirring over the heat and it will loosen back up.
- Pour quickly into the baked pastry case and set aside to cool https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Whip the coconut cream until peaking with a whisk *If you chill 3 tins of full fat coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours the cream will solidify in the can. Turn them upsides down and drain off the liquid (save it for a smoothie) and scrape the cream out. 3 tins should give you enough cream if you can't buy coconut cream itself.
- Stir in the vanilla and sugar to taste.
- Once the pie filling is cooled, thinly slice the bananas and lay them over the caramel so it's completely covered.
- Spoon the cream over the top.
- Dust lightly with cocoa or shaved chocolate to garnish.