Lemon Bars. The lemon curd filling is extra thick and creamy and sits on an irresistible butter shortbread crust. The bars will firm up as they cool. If you LOVE lemon, these Classic Lemon Bars are for you!
Buttery shortbread crust, tangy lemon filling, and a dusting of Lemon bars are such a classic treat! I especially love them at this time of year, because they're so. The ultimate lemon bar recipe with lots of tangy lemon flavor! You can have Lemon Bars using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- You need of Crust.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Custard.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s of Toppings.
- You need of Powdered sugar.
The simple shortbread crust is delicious and easy to make. Lemon Bars are a favorite in my home. Everyone seems to enjoy the combination of a buttery crisp In order for these Lemon Bars to have a nice citrus flavor, you need to use fresh lemons, so try not. This lemon bar is what I consider the ideal, with a buttery shortbread crust that is sturdy but tender Standard lemons make for classic lemon bars, but if you happen to have an excess of Meyer.
Lemon Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the crust (softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt)..
- Press the dough in an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough..
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until firm and golden..
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, and white sugar. Then add the flour..
- Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes..
- Pour the custard mixture in the baked crust and put it back in the oven for 15 mins..
- Let the lemon bars cool to room temperature..
- Cut the lemon bars into squares then sprinkle powdered sugar on top..
Whenever you are craving for a refreshing dessert I suggest you try these lemon bars. They are made with a very flavorful and tangy lemon filling on top of. This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. The color and shape make them a nice addition to a platter of cookies. —Etta Soucy, Mesa, Arizona. Ina Garten's Lemon Bars are easy to bake and make for the perfect picnic dessert, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.