Range-Top Chicken, Macaroni, and Cheese.
You can have Range-Top Chicken, Macaroni, and Cheese using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Range-Top Chicken, Macaroni, and Cheese
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of dried multigrain or regular elbow macaroni.
- It’s 12 oz of skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 6 1/2 oz of cream cheese ( garden and herd flavored).
- You need 1 2/3 cup of fat-free milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of baby spinach (fresh).
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
Range-Top Chicken, Macaroni, and Cheese step by step
- In a medium saucepan cook macaroni according to package directions, except dont add any salt to water. (Unless you want to) drain..
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion to hot skillet. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted..
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk and flour. Add all at once to chicken mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly..
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheddar cheese, stirring until melted..
- Add cooked macaroni; cook and stir foe 1 to 2 minutes until heated through..
- Stir in spinach. Top with cherry tomatoes..
- Makes 5 (1 1/3-cup) servings..
- I found this recipe in a magazine. I hope you all enjoy it. I seasoned my chicken with fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper. Also couldnt find elbow mac so I used a different whole grain pasta..