Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread. Kamut wheat is renowned for its delicious buttery, nutty flavor, and high nutritional value. It has a unique golden hue, and when combined with conventional wheat bread flour, it makes a pale, open, and airy crumb. You are here Spelt and khorason (kamut is actually the brand name, the entire grain has a brand!) are wonderfully tasty grains that are lovely and nutty and chewy to Once I added seeds to the dough, it was a whole different story: they gave the dough structure and it held its shape perfectly, hence being able to use.
I came up with the recipe for this bread after baking countless loaves of sophisticated sourdoughs using the Tartine method. I started using Kamut khorasan flour in bread baking two months ago and have not stopped. Отмена. Месяц бесплатно. Sourdough Bread Making – Kamut Boule. You can have Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread
- It’s 1 of kabocha squash, cubed.
- Prepare 5 cups of organic kamut, freshly milled.
- You need 5 cups of organic spelt, freshly milled.
- It’s 2 cups of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 2 cups of Greek yogurt or just filtered water.
- It’s 3 Tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cups of filtered water.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tsp of mulberry syrup or honey.
- It’s 3 tsp of cumin seeds, optional.
- It’s 2 Tsp of teff or sesame seeds, optional.
- You need 6-7 cup of Organic unbleached all purpose flour.
If any of the terms or steps below are new to you, have a look at my Beginner's Sourdough post from a few weeks ago for more description and photos of each. You will notice this formula has a low percentage of levain used in the Dough Formula (the. A recipe for sourdough ciabatta with Spelt flour, that enhance both flavor and texture. Ciabatta is probably one of the most well-known types of bread in the world.
Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread instructions
- Steam cubed kabocha squash in a steamer for 25 minutes until a fork easily poke through. Cool down to room temperature..
- Mash steamed squash in a food processor or manually using a fork..
- Mix together all wet ingredients and then add freshly milled ancient grain flours, such as spelt and kamut. If you don't have them, just use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour..
- Knead the dough until smooth and your hands are clean too. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and place each dough in a pre oiled bowl to proof..
- After about 4 hours when the dough is double its size..
- Knead the dough and shape them into your desired styles. Proof a second time for about 2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for about 30 minutes. Score the bread before baking..
- Sourdough bread keeps well in the room temperature for 3 days and 2 weeks in a fridge and longer in a freezer..
There is a reason for that, but when you bake it with sourdough starter and Spelt flour, everything gets just a little bit better. I was really nervous about making this Kamut Sourdough bread. Kamut is a grain I have never baked with before and I wasn't sure what to expect. Current nutritional fads notwithstanding, I've been intrigued with using heirloom grains in my breads, and impulsively bought a bag of Kamut berries a while ago. Wholemeal Spelt sourdough breads also have shorter proving time, ripening and developing more quickly, due in main the extra nutrients available to the yeasts that boost their activity.