Simple Crunchy-Top Blueberry Cake or Muffins.
You can cook Simple Crunchy-Top Blueberry Cake or Muffins using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Crunchy-Top Blueberry Cake or Muffins
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 dash of cinnamon (1/8 tsp).
- You need 3/4 tsp of butter or margarine, melted.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter or margarine, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar or sweetener.
- It’s 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of blueberries.
Simple Crunchy-Top Blueberry Cake or Muffins step by step
- Prepare the topping – In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter and mix. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8"X8" baking pan with parchment paper or grease and flour..
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until light and fluffy..
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until blended..
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt..
- Add a third of flour mixture to egg mixture and beat until JUST blended..
- Add half of milk and beat until JUST blended. Continue alternating flour mixture and milk until both are incorporated into batter..
- Using a wooden spoon, gently fold in blueberries..
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter..
- Bake until toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then cut and enjoy!.